Someone should recommend some movies Entertainment and Hobbies Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jan 28, 2017 at 01:03 AM

This site seems slow but maybe it could be somewhat useful and provide some good movies to watch.  Kill some time while I look for a SD. 😂

• 2Comments

• View author's info Posted on Feb 06, 2017 at 08:44 PM

Ooooh! Thank you so much I will definitely check these out!

• View author's info Posted on Jan 31, 2017 at 06:39 PM

Okay so I may have taken this entirety too serious as a serious conversation since most people seem to use these forms to advertise themselves (which I get and that sounded horribly condesencing which I apologize for), but I SINCERELY LOVE movies soooooo here are some honest reccomendations if you were serious&have a Netflix account:

In Your Eyes (2014) is amazing. It's got a very surreal feel despite being a very romantic/fairy tale concept. It's got a bit of a mellow vibe and most of the colors are really dim so definitely not your cup of tea if you like bright and vibrant. Ends on SUCH a hopeful and beautiful note though!!

Like Sunday, Like Rain (2014) is also beautiful and surreal (im a fan of very slice-of-life types??). It kind of follows in the tradition of Uptown Girl, which is a classic and if you haven't seen I reccommend, but it's a lot heavier if I'm being honest. However, I also find the relationship between the nanny and her charge a lot more funfilling. 

Take me Home (2011) is HILARIOUS and amazing. It was sitting on my list avoided for so long before I finally got around to it and I regretted it so much after I finally watched it. I don't have a lot to ramble about for this one because it's more hilarious and funny then beautiful like the other two? 

Comet (2014) is another beautiful one. The coloring in it is amazing and it's main characters are recognisable faces (Emmy Rossum from Shameless, if you know her, and Justin Long). I haven't seen it in a while, though, and I'm not sure it has a happy ending though I do remember it being very satisfying?

Before I Disappear (2014) is very dark, but also super good. I was totally unsure of it when I first watched it, but I ended up geninunely enjoying it for a lot of reasons. Like I said though, it's SUPER dark and you definitely have to be prepared for that. 

Aaaand to wrap up, if you like foreign films Ok Kanmani (2015) is a fantastic love story. I believe it's Hindi, but I'm not 100% sure anymore. Bit of a spoiler, but it does have a happy ending so it's a good pick me up. Also, if you watch it, make sure you watch the credits because they're beautifully animated in the style of a video game since one of the main characters is an aspiring video game creator. 

Hope this helped!! and if you watch any, I'd love to hear your opinions :D

Follow - email me when people comment